I had great plans for today:
1) I was going to get up early and finish studying for my Organic Chemistry exam. Which I did – except the whole “finishing” part.
2) I was going to do well on my Organic Chemistry exam. Unfortunately, I don’t feel as confident as I had hoped. Maybe it’s just me, but OChem is difficult.
3) I was going to go for a run. I also did this! And it was superb. Until I realized that I had the only keys to the house and I had no idea what time it was or how long I had been running. So I sprinted home. Up hill. And destroyed my legs. And two hours later, my boyfriend still isn’t home. At least I got some exercise!
4) I was going to make kettle corn and share it with you guys. But 3 attempts later, this is all I have to show…
Doesn’t that look appetizing?? And to top it off, the smoke from the popcorn-making set off the fire alarms in my brand new house. That’s not embarrassing or anything.
5) I was going to make fried green tomatoes. But I really don’t feel like being scared of the gas stove, cleaning the kitchen, and doing dishes all over again.
I guess it’s popcorn for dinner, then…
Do You ever have days that just don’t seem to go your way at all?
Today was mine. But overall, I am so blessed. The worst of my days are infinitely better than the best of some peoples’. I have the opportunity to go to an amazing university; I have the blessing of being able to run, and living in such a place where hills are literally outside my front door; I have a wonderful boyfriend and a roof over my head; and I have this great little blog here where I can vent all I need, and finally realize how good I have it. I feel so much better now 🙂